First Worship Service at Town & Country Recreation Center
Pastor R. O. Aga and his family arrived in Sacramento from Pasadena on April 1, 1951 to begin ministry at the new mission church venture. The North Area was a different world; starting a new Church in a sparsely populated community was a tremendous challenge. By the end of 1951, however, Parish Worker Doris Johnson had made 2000 contacts although only two dozen Lutheran Families were living in the immediate area. Of these families, most already held membership in downtown Lutheran churches. On May 31, 1951, the first meeting of interested families at the parsonage, 3915 Winding Creek Road. By diligent work and God’s blessing, Pastor Aga held the first services on June 24, 1951, at 2711 Fulton Avenue in the Town and Country Recreation Center where they met for four months.