Dedication of the Parish Hall & the congregation
On December 9, 1951, Pastor Rueben O Aga was installed as pastor and the unfinished Parish Hall was dedicated. The Parish Hall was completed for Pentecost, June 1, 1952. To understand the cooperation with the Lutheran Community in Sacramento at this time, Good Shepherd owes special thanks is given to our neighbor, Bethel Lutheran, who contributed a great deal in the formative stages of Good Shepherd; actual members, financial assistance, and even the first pump organ what was used in worship.
We see the true sense of entrepreneurial spirit from the Home Missions of the Evangelical Church who were instrumental in finding the site and calling the pastor to begin this new ministry where growth would come. That same sense of entrepreneurial spirit is found in the Charter members who organized and manage this new church body – The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd – to thrive and grow. That same spirit has followed until today.